National Voter Registration Day
National Voter Registration Day is a nationwide, nonpartisan effort created to bring volunteers, civic groups and organizations together to register thousands of voters on a single day, September 25, 2012.
In Minnesota, more than 700,000 eligible voters are not currently registered, or approximately 1 in 5 of the state’s eligible voters!
A group of enthusiastic volunteers signed up to partner with community organization to offer voter registration. The available slots for partnerships with community agencies have now been filled.
Still wanting to volunteer? There are many, many other places in the community where this work could be done. If you'd like to bring registraiton to a location you're involved with (a community organization, neighborhood organization, faith organization), we encourage you to contact them directly to see if you can be on-site on National Voter Registration Day or other days that week to help register people to vote.
Free how-to sessions will be offered the week of September 17 to help you learn the rules of voter registration at the following dates and times. All are welcome to join!
- Tuesday, September 18 at 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 19 at 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Thursday, September 20 at 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Thursday, September 20 at 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
To prepare your computer for the webinar,
- In the upper left area of the screen in the Join a Meeting box, click on the Test Your Computer link, located right below the Join button.
- If your computer/browser is ready, you’ll see a pop-up window with two green dots indicating your machine is able to join a Webinar.
- If your computer/browser is not ready, you’ll see two red dots indicating any deficiencies in your software. If this is the case, please call ReadyTalk’s 24-hour support line at 1-800-843-9166.
- Call into the Webinar at 1-866-740-1260. The access code is 7572062.
- Next, log on to the Webinar on the internet at www.ReadyTalk.com. You’ll enter the same access code: 7572062.